Handle are proud to be assisting an instantly recognisable retailer in their search for a Financial Controller to cover a maternity leave.
Reporting directly to the FD and indirectly managing a team of 7 your duties would include:
- Supervising the preparation & review of monthly management accounts as well as the completion of variance analysis and commentary
- Ensuring the balance sheet is reconciled and controlled effectively
- Developing the accounting team responsible for the following areas:
- Revenue and distribution costs
- Marketing, Press & Creative
- Overhead expenses including occupancy and IT
- Fixed assets register
- Administration & Payroll
- Championing finance to the wider business ensuring accurate financial information is available
- Taking a proactive approach to reporting, system and process improvements
- Assisting in set up and implementation of new projects
- Liaising with the external auditors and management of the audit process to agreed standards and time lines
You must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/CA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent) and have previous experience in a managerial role in retail.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a constantly growing and evolving business at the forefront of its industry.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.