Handle is currently in partnership with an innovative leisure organisation who are looking for Financial Accountant to join them on an interim basis. My client is one of the leading businesses in their field and they have been well established for over 30 years.
Working closely with the Finance Director, the successful candidate will take control of cashflow, month-end accounting and financial analysis where needed.
- Take ownership of the month end close processes for the commercial and corporate operations
- Control and management of balance sheet - to include monthly review, P&L and reconciliation, month end journals
- Be responsible for billing and revenue recognition, ensuring accurate and timely reporting
- Provide analysis of monthly gross profit against the budget, forecast and prior year with explanation of key variances
- Maintaining /improving the internal control environment (including SOX controls)
- Prepare budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analysing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Preparation and submission of quarterly VAT returns
- Seek to add continuous process improvements
- Qualified Accountant - either ACA, ACCA or equivalent
- Able to show initiative and work independently
- 4 years' experience within a mid-senior finance role
- Good knowledge of VAT / Corporate tax
- Advanced Excel skills
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.