The Financial Controller will be responsible for providing financial and non-financial information to enable the business to make appropriate and effective commercial decisions, ensuring that effective reporting and controls are in place to support a diversified and substantial business.
Managing a team of 10 the Financial Controller will ensure effective financial and management accounting across the UK division, by the management and development of financial controls and systems within the Finance department and across the organisation.
- Establish and maintain a strong financial control and reporting environment
- Review all balance sheet accounts, working with business area, Finance functions and IT, provide support and direction to ensure transactions are understood and correctly recorded
- Continuous review of financial, control and management information systems and procedures, implementing improvements across the organisation in consultation with the Head of Finance
- Taking responsibility for ensuring the accuracy of the accounting and control information held in and reported from the organisation's accounting systems and managing minimum controls
- Responsibility for managing the half year and full year audit with external auditors
- Management of the Management accounting team
- Responsible for review of month end flash reporting and submission to Group Finance
- Responsible for review of all month end reporting and submissions to Group Finance
- Responsible for UK Film overhead costs, including budget and variance analysis to budget
- Responsible for review of inter-company accounting
- Review of hedge accounting
- Review of balance sheet reconciliations
- Management and review of cashflow forecast
- Review of all hedge submissions to Group Treasury
- Preparation and submission of UK VAT return including consolidation off all UK statutory entity numbers
- Preparation of tax packs for submission to the Group Tax function on a half year and year end basis
- Engage with process and system review and development
- ACCA / CIMA / ACA (or overseas Equivalent) qualified with at least three years' post qualified experience
- Experience managing a Finance team
- Excellent attention to detail
- The ability to manage and motivate a team
- Articulate with advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise manner
- A proactive and responsible attitude to workload, with a propensity to own the key duties of the role
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills including an ability to multi-task and manage tight deadlines and respond to change.
- Well-developed Excel skills
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.