We at Handle are currently working with an exciting and fast growing events business helping them with their search for an interim Financial Controller.
The role has become available due to an internal promotion and in the long run could grow into a permanent position, for now though the business would very much like an experienced and hands on interim Financial Controller to parachute in and see them through year end.
Managing a team of 5 and reporting directly into the Finance Director the duties of the role will include:
- Management and delivery of all internal management reporting, including monthly management accounts and re-forecasts, KPI's, payroll, cash forecasts, budgets and long-term plans
- Leadership and performance management of a small finance team
- Driving rigour in balance sheet and working capital management to optimise cash-flow performance
- Process improvement across all areas
- Establishing and maintaining robust controls, accounting policies and best practice across the finance team
- Development of strong commercial partnerships across the events management and commercial teams
- Management of the year-end audit process and taxation
The successful candidate will be a fully qualified accountant (ACA or equivalent) with strong technical reporting experience, ideally this will have been gained in a hands on SME environment.
A strong character is key as are excellent communication skills as the role will involve business partnering with non-finance functions. Events or wider media experience is advantageous but not essential.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.