Financial Controller - Creative Design
Our client a leading creative design business have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Financial Controller to join the growing team.
The core responsibilities will involve managing all finance and accounting operations, coordinating and directing the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts. You will prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements and yearly reporting. In addition, you carry out the financial management of existing client projects, support and prepare new client bids. This includes the preparation of timely client profitability information for ongoing and completed projects and addressing overruns as needs.
- Manage all accounting operations and prepare and publish monthly financial statements including P&L, Balance Sheet and Cashflow including completion of year end close and reporting processes
- Coordinate and direct the preparation of the budget and financial forecast, including providing analysis and reporting variances. A key part of this is developing and maintaining the new leads pipeline, liaising with management to provide effective and timely planning of future revenue streams, and recognizing revenue accurately in the company accounts
- Ensure timely client billing and reconciliation of projects, including effective debtor management and control
- Provide weekly cash and debtor reporting, and 6-12 month long-term cashflow forecasting, reporting performance weekly against forecast
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls in accordance with current accounting compliance
- Provide monthly and yearly payroll reconciliation to budget/forecast and liaise with HR support and payroll company to implement new starter and employee processes as needed
- Oversee projects from inception to completion including working with the Project Management team to plan staff requirements, track project timings and deliverable and identifying over/ or underruns and addressing appropriately. Prepare and publish time tracking and client profitability reporting
- Forex management as required
- Business partnering with client and project management teams to develop processes and understanding of commercial and financial requirements
- You will have one member of staff reporting to you and cover two legal entities.
- Qualified ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- You will have experience of working as a Financial Controller, with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures and experience creating financial statements.
- Ideally candidates must be proficient with Sage 200, Excel and Word, and able to learn additional apps or software as required.
- Good problem solving, interpersonal, organisational and communication skills are also essential.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.