Financial Controller - Digital Entertainment
Rapidly growing digital entertainment company are looking for a strong, commercially focused Financial Controller to act as the gatekeeper of all historical financial information and provide the platform on which key financial decisions will be made.
Reporting to the CFO, you will be responsible for communicating to key internal stakeholders the financial performance of the business. You will build key financial processes to ensure the company grows in a sustainable way and help explain complex financial activities to non-financial team members. You will ensure that the business complies with all tax, financial regulatory and shareholder information requirements.
The role will cover:
- Complete monthly management accounts by performing month end adjustments and compare actual results to budget
- Prepare monthly CEO and investor reports for use by external stakeholders
- Present financial performance to the leadership team and explain financial elements to non-financial people
- Maintain weekly cash flow model and manage cash flow across multiple currencies
- Develop and enforce Treasury and Credit Policy
- Provide financial inputs into the quarterly reforecasting process and assist the review
- Provide financial inputs into the budget process and help to review outputs to ensure monthly reporting is a smooth process
- Engage with local and international accounting advisors to assist with accounts preparation of foreign subsidiaries
- Preparation of year-end audit files for review by external auditors
- Manage banking relationships and be key point of contact
- The business in engage in several M&A deals and the successful candidate will have
- M&A experience and be a key point of contact for all financial and tax due diligence
- Support M&A and integration process to standardize accounting / finance operations
- Oversee financial reporting of multiple entities across several jurisdictions
- Maintain consolidated financials for the Group Co.
- Ad hoc projects
You will have a keen attention to detail and know how to communicate with senior leadership team members. Your commitment to getting the job done will be matched by your interest in understanding the "why?".
You will have the following skills that will help set you up for success:
- Qualified CIMA or ACA with strong PQE in a similar role
- Advanced excel skills
- Strong knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS and ability to differentiate between the two
- An experienced and highly articulate financial controller or senior finance manager that is destined for big things.
- You will have had a strong technical background and more recently a good understanding of the environment in which start-ups succeed.
- A keen interest in media will be a huge advantage
- Self-starter and enthusiastic
- Take enjoyment from the excitement and fluidity of working within a start up
- Articulate written and verbal communication
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to create and implement effective processes & procedures
- Ability to mentor & develop staff
- International exposure would be highly desirable.
- Capable of managing projects to a deadline in a collaborative environment.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with a changing environment.
- Knowledge of business software including; MS Excel, Outlook, Word & PowerPoint and ERP Platforms
- Merger and acquisition experience
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.