Head of Finance - fILM & tv
Cutting edge Film & TV business are looking for a high calibre Head of Finance who can grow into an FD role. This role will work very closely with the MD and co-founder of the business covering Finance / Strategic/ Commercial/ Legal as well as support in the areas of HR and Operations. There will be a high element of business partnering in the role. The company is pivoting so knowledge of media, publishing and advertising are a real plus.
Business planning and budgetary control
- Partner with COO and MD to prepare business plans providing proactive, strategic financial advice to improve profitability, plan future growth, allocate resources and reduce costs.
- Business Partner with all members of the board on the financial aspects of future growth plans.
- Having a commercial and forward thinking view on global client opportunities.
- Prepare an annual budget, cash forecast, revenue forecast and capital expenditure budget.
- Act as a senior management advisor on commercial issues including agency, client, supplier and personnel contracts
- Work with the client services team on revenue forecasting and targets, guiding on project profitability, KPI measures & Rate cards
- Responsible for the overall profitability, ensuring that this correctly reported by region and business
- Communicate key financial messages and issues in a proactive, transparent and concise manner to ensuring all business stakeholders and managers are aware of issues (both positive and negative ) impacting on the finances of the group.
- Continual improvement of the accounting and business management processes in existing and new local markets maximising such things as group tax both for the current group and for its future growth.
- Oversee a budgetary control system monitor actual data against approved budgets, and analyse any variances.
Duties, Responsibilities & Deliverables
- Oversee the Finance function of the business in all locations. There is resource in all locations be it legal/ financial/ adhoc support
- Consolidated management and statutory accounts
- Prepare and manage company budgets
- Oversee company cash flow and forecasting
- Oversee the tax affairs of the company; corporation , VAT, PAYE ensuring full compliance;
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and adhering to relevant deadlines
- Oversee the accurate preparation and reporting of the business forecasting in terms of fees and costs linked back to the agency KPIs
- Use financial analysis and information to proactively solve problems, make recommendations and provide solutions
- Work with any new territories / office set ups transfer pricing
- Analyse and review Profit & Loss account and balance sheet making sure you understand all balances and act on any anomalies.
- Support with HR and personnel issues as needed - including working closely with MD on incentives / perks / company events.
- Ad hoc related duties as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Chartered Accountant Qualified ( ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Provide proactive & commercial strategic financial recommendations to allow growth
- Line manage and develop the team
- Ensure that the business is financially sound and that the finances are managed robustly in line with the agreed business plans.
- Manage a multi-location , multi business group
- Ideally Xero Software Certified or at least a good understanding and working knowledge of the very
- latest accounting software, prepared to embrace new ways of working and technologies that support the smooth operation of the finance function
- Experience within the media/digital/film and TV sector would be an advantage
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.