European Financial Controller - Leading Ecommerce - Central London
My client, a fast growing Ecommerce platform are currently looking for their next big hire. This is a European Financial Controller role sitting within the London headquarters heading up a team of 4. The Financial Controller will be responsible for various controllership activities with a primary emphasis on building and developing teams, implementation of an ERP system, and continuous improvement of various close processes to ensure timely and accurate reporting.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a business during a rapid growth and development stage. The Finance team are growing and this Controller position will act as a key leadership position within the business.
The role is currently working remotely, and will offer a flexible working lifestyle once the office reopens.
- Partner closely with the business to support various European expansion projects.
- Provide strategic and tactical leadership for the general ledger and accounts payable teams to ensure company and team objectives are met.
- Recruit, train, and mentor team members to perform effectively in their role and to further develop their expertise and knowledge of financial systems and operational processes.
- Oversee the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and reporting packages in accordance with US GAAP, internal policies, and timelines.
- Collaborate with the Global Controller to improve the overall month-end close process within a short time frame and on a go-forward basis.
- Review monthly all major balance sheet reconciliations and P&L accounts and provide proper fluctuation analysis to support balances.
- Collaborate closely with Workday functional systems leader to implement and/or enhance the ERP system used by company Finance to effectively support business operations, timely month-end reporting.
- Develop, implement, monitor, and remediate controls over financial reporting to ensure compliance with Sarbanes Oxley requirements.
- Implement and approve financial policies and procedures in accordance with business needs and in conformity with the company's policies and procedures.
- Lead various European audits and work directly with external auditors to ensure a clean and timely year-end audit and quarterly reviews; investigate findings and recommendations as needed.
- ACA qualified (ideally Big 4 but not essential)
- 10+ years working within Finance with similar previous experience
- Experience for working for a large company
- Experience working within a start-up/ hyper growth business is highly desirable
- Previous experience managing a team/staff
- A hands on work approach and happy to get stuck in with all finance matters concerning the team
- System implementation and IPO experience would be a bonus!
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work in a changing environment and adapts to change with ease
- A cool, calm and collected management style
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.