Handle are proud to be working alongside a major brand within media and entertainment to assist in their search of a Financial Controller. This global leader in fashion and events is based in the heart of London and represents and manages some of the most successful fashion across the world.
Looking for a hands on and driven Financial Controller, Handle's client are looking to add a qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA accountant to join their expanding finance function. Working as part of a small team the position will be responsible for but not limited to the below tasks:
- Budget preparation and regular forecasting of P&L and cashflow
- Establish a close working relationship with Senior Management across the business
- Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new initiatives, strategies and any regulatory requirements
- Responsible for all aspects of Finance, Accounting and Tax functions
- Manage the accounting team whose main responsibilities are client accounting, billing/ Credit Control, AP and Management reporting
- Ensure compliance with local regulations and company policies
- Implementing, documenting and monitoring accounting controls
- Month end close management, including:
- Preparation of journal entries in SAP for accounting adjustments as required
- Monthly analysis of actual results to budget. Preparation of gap analysis
- Ensuring that detailed balance sheet reconciliations are prepared on a monthly basis.
- Supervising regular clear down of balance sheet accounting entries
- SOX and other control improvements
Coming from a comprehensive and established professional finance and accounting background the successful candidate will be a fully qualified ACA/ ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant. You will have knowledge and practical experience of using SAP or other equivalent ERP systems and be efficient in using Excel. The successful candidate will have experience of managing and developing a finance team and US GAAP experience is essential.
The growth of the company is progressive and the finance team are looking to grow and evolve and play a key part in this development. This entrepreneurial Finance Controller will be a key player in shaping the future of the function and assist closely in its growth and success.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.