A fantastic opportunity to join a young movie studio has just come in based in the heart of London. The role will be reporting into the COO & President of Production.
They are commercially minded and creatively spirited and committed to strong relationships with film-makers, financiers and distributors.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Maintain the financial ledgers and accounting processes for the parent company and subsidiaries
- Preparation of Monthly P&L and Balance Sheet, cash flow and forecasts
- Manage all financial elements of the Rights Management System
- Prepare and submit the VAT Returns and lead the provision of financial information required by Companies House and HMRC
- Liaising with other departments and managing the preparation of the financial documents required for quarterly board meetings
- Managing treasury, cash flow and budget expenditure
- Ensure accurate calculation and accounting for cost allocations and income recognition
- Manage the preparation of the annual budget and revisions of forecast during the year
- Contribute to business planning and provide assistance to strategy formulation through project reviews and cost analysis
- Ensure data accuracy and timely renewal of business insurance policies, life assurance, health insurance and other benefits provided by the Company
- Responsible for managing the team in invoicing for all revenues and all applicable VAT obligations; maintaining status reports and records
- Monitoring receipts coming in from Collection Agents, reviewing and confirming collection agent statements and ensuring accurate calculation and compliance with agreed contract terms
- Managing the Royalty Reporting process, including requesting, reviewing and analysing distributor statements for overages and advising on any audit requirements
- Review and posting of journals created by the Finance Assistant
- Ad hoc financing reports for internal and external audiences
- Assisting with the preparation of financial models ad analysis of potential investment
- Tracking and maintaining accurate records regarding development, production, financing and investing activities the Company enters in to
The ideal candidate will posses:
- Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- Understanding of contracts and commission based businesses
- Ability to work within a team and use individual initiative when necessary
- Experience in managing and mentoring a junior member of a finance team
- Flexible working attitude
- Excellent presentation and communication skills with proven ability of influencing others to ensure deadlines are met
- Excellent attention to detail, highly organised and able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast paced environment, who can demonstrate the ability to use own initiative and able to drive change and grow with the role.
- Preferably with experience gained within an SME in the media or related industry.
APPLY NOW TO BE CONSIDERED AND AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.