Financial Controller - Film
Working closely with the CFO, the Financial Controller will be responsible for overseeing all areas of financial accounting and reporting, including monthly, quarterly and annual group reporting, statutory reporting, and any other reporting requirements, as well as management reporting, including insightful business performance/variance commentary and analysis.
The role will suit a qualified Chartered Accountant, ideally from a Big 4 Audit background, with a minimum of 4 years post-qualified experience and someone who is interested in gaining commercial finance as well as Financial Planning and Analysis experience and responsibilities.
- Manage the entire Financial Accounting process and team, ensuring all financial accounting and financial statements are accurate, timely, efficient accounting, and compliant with accounting policy and accounting standards, IFRS/UK GAAP.
- Lead, manage, and deliver all management reporting, including by-title, by business unit/market, by cost centre, P&Ls, key metrics, overhead, and cash, with detailed, insightful, and concise business performance/variance analysis in clear, professional, and graphic power point presentations.
- Lead, develop, and deliver a monthly executive dashboard/balanced scorecard.
- Develop, disseminate, and implement a set of clear, simplified financial policies, procedures, and controls and ensure that they are always consistent/up to-date with accounting standards and adhered to at all times.
- Monitor changes in accounting standards and assess impact on the business, and determine accounting treatment for new or one-off transactions, such as library/title acquisitions, etc.
- Lead, manage, and deliver accurate and timely cash forecasts and optimize cash through close management of payables and receivables.
- Manage all internal and external Audit processes and be the primary point of contact for the audit team for both group reporting and statutory accounts, including complexities of a large group with multiple systems and office locations.
- An experienced qualified Chartered Accountant, ideally with a big 4 Audit background and a minimum of 4 years post qualified experience, ideally in a similar in-house role.
- Previous media and entertainment experience, Film or TV preferred
- Proven track record of delivering statutory accounts for a large number of companies accurately, on time, and through the audit process.
- Financial process reviews/audits experience and the ability to identify and suggest areas for improvement.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Power Point skills.
- Experience of XERO
- European Language, ideally French would be an advantage
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.