Financial Controller - Film/TV
International Film & TV Production company are looking for an ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified Financial Controller to manage and motivate a team and cover month end close, analysis, and control activities including monthly internal management reporting and ensuring GAAP and SOX compliance.
The role focuses on all elements of the actual results for all profit and cost centres within including the comparison to budget/forecast. The role has responsibility to sign off on the accuracy and completeness of the profit and loss accounts for all departments.
This varied role will involve:
- As part of the month end process reviews P&L results for all cost/profit centres for accuracy,
- Preparation or review of all analyses required by business unit managers at month end
- Actively participate in the forecasting/budgeting / Plan processes
- Review of all journals and supporting documentation prepared by the FP&A analysts
- Work closely with the Finance Director to meet with Directors once a month to explain in detail their results
- Work closely with the Finance Director to present the monthly results to Senior Management
- Sign off on SOX reconciliations and process documentation prior to FD
- Work closely with the Finance Director to identify, assess and prioritise improvements to: Processes, Controls, Reporting, Systems, Business decisions and activities
- Work closely with the Finance Director to manage any internal or external audit requirements
- Work closely with the Finance Director and Directors to consider, review and formulate business planning information to further efficiencies, effectiveness and growth of the WBSL business
- Recruit, retain and develop a high performing team
The correct candidate:
- Experience in a similar or related role working within a fast paced, rapidly growing business preferred
- Team management experience
- External and Internal Audit experience
- Good knowledge of SAP and Excel
- Previous experience of US GAAP and SOX audit and compliance is preferable.
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to interact successfully with all levels of staff, management and customers
- Previous experience working within a Media or Entertainment.
- Qualified Accountant - ACA, ACCA preferred. Minimum of 5 years PQE gained in industry
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.