Financial Controller - Film/Entertainment
Global Film and Entertainment giant are looking for an ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified Financial Controller covering, planning, analysis, and control activities including monthly internal management reporting to local and international management, safeguarding Company assets and ensuring GAAP and SOX compliance.
This broad role will focus on all elements of the actual results for all profit and cost centres including the planning and forecasting elements. The role has responsibility to sign off on the accuracy and completeness of the profit and loss accounts for all departments.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure accurate, complete and timely recording of source transactions, including but not limited to revenue, cost of sales, general and administrative expenses and depreciation.
- Responsible for the profit and loss accounts for all profit and cost centres within the group to ensure the month end profit and loss accounts are accurate and complete
- Preparation or review of all analyses required by business unit managers
- Ensure Tour trade partner invoicing is processed timely and accurately.
- Review of all journals and supporting documentation prepared by the finance staff
- Manage the workload and output of three FP&As, one Credit Analyst and three cash office staff (two on site at any one time)
- Work closely with the Finance Director to meet with Directors once a month to explain in detail their results
- Work closely with the Finance Director to present the monthly results to Senior management in Burbank at various meetings
- Work closely with the Finance Director to identify, assess and prioritise improvements to: Processes, Controls, Reporting, Systems
- Be the Finance lead in delivering improvements in: Processes, Controls
- Work closely with the Finance Director to manage any internal or external audit requirements
- Work closely with the Finance Director to effectively manage and support the Senior FP&A to manage Capital Expenditure, Budgeting and Forecasting and Cashflows
- Work closely with the Finance Director and Directors to consider, review and formulate business planning information to further efficiencies, effectiveness and growth of the business
- To represent the Finance department as and when required, especially in the absence of the Finance Director
The successful candidate will have:
- Good knowledge of SAP & Excel
- Supervisory experience of more than one direct report
- External and Internal Audit experience an advantage
- Previous experience of SOX audit and compliance is preferable.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to lead projects and bring them to a successful conclusion
- Previous experience working within a Media or Visitor Attraction environment would be desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.