Our client, a Media Production Agency, are seeking a qualified and experienced hands on Financial Controller to join their team and make an impact!
You will be responsible for the smooth running of the finance function and report into the CFO and work closely with the Snr Management Team.
Direct reports: 4
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts which includes ownership and control of the financial accounting records. This includes reconciliation of all ledger accounts, variance analysis with both budgets and margins for all projects, and working with the CFO to update the forecast with current expectations.
- Ensuring the integrity of financial information, maintaining complete and accurate financial records and internal control processes.
- Review of the work prepared by your team to ensure it is timely, accurate and consistently at a high standard.
- Assist with cash-flow preparation, forex and payments; authorisation of online payments, and dual bank signatory.
- Monitoring the sales and WIP ledgers with the project management team. Ensuring the tracking of sales invoices against the corresponding client Purchase Order or contract, reviewing margins earned on projects verses original budget, WIP is billed in advance and ensuring all projects and costs are covered by an invoice.
- Preparation of year end statutory accounts and supporting information, including audit schedules.
- Supervision of monthly and year end payroll.
- Assist the CFO with the monthly financial update with Directors, and presentation of management accounts, providing high quality comprehensible financial information, including analysis of financial status, variance analysis and projected results.
- Develop talent within the finance team through coaching and supporting team members to continually deliver their best.
- Liaising & coordinating with external advisors, including auditors, accountants, payroll bureau and tax authorities.
- Ensure the whole department is technically up to date. Ad hoc administration and other duties as may be required from time to time.
The ideal candidate will posses:
- Qualified Accountant with post qual experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills to include evidence of working well within a team, recognising the importance of the "internal" client and participation in Breakthrough's cultural activities.
- Initiative and drive for continuous improvement - Can Do Attitude.
- Be an ambassador for the company, and its values.
- Problem solve and ensure solutions are identified swiftly, minimise inefficiencies and reputational damage and maximise opportunities to improve our work and promote the company, its work and successes.
- Ensure staff, clients and stakeholders understand the importance of impact.
Apply NOW to avoid disappointment!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.