Financial Controller Media Investment - Film/TV
World leading Film and TV production business is looking for a qualified ACA/ACCA Financial Controller to support the Group Finance Director and Film Advisors team in the financial reporting, monitoring and compliance aspects of the Group's Media Investment segment.
Financial Reporting and Management
- Provision of financial support and analysis to the Film Advisors team.
- Assist in the Media Investment reporting in the Group financial statements.
- Oversee and manage the recording of Media Investment performance monthly, including provisioning process and film production company results.
- Production of monthly board report, including investment appraisals, supporting commentary and actual/forecast performance for the year.
- Manage the statutory and management financial reporting processes and for the Media Investment operation, including annual audit.
- Prepare and monitor annual budget for Media Investment segment.
- Oversee the production of periodic UK distribution reports and statements to third parties.
- Production of timely, accurate and relevant business information to include pre/post investment reports, business plans and forecasts.
- Monitoring of contractual KPIs for third parties and periodic reporting on performance against these.
- Manage Distribution budget and reconciliation process.
Regulator and Compliance
- Undertake Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Compliance Officer (CF10) and Money Laundering Reporting Officer (CF11) roles.
- Preparation of regulatory returns to the FCA.
- Maintain up to date and detailed understanding of regulatory reporting requirements.
- Maintain and update compliance/reporting policies and procedures.
- Technical input into capital adequacy projections.
- Support any ad hoc project work relating to regulatory developments.
- Maintain the company's compliance standards and own compliance training.
- Oversee UK film Tax relief claims and subsequent utilisation of Group loss relief.
- Build effective relationships with other teams
- Liaison with production accountants on Pinewood film investments.
- Improve financial reporting and management controls over film production companies.
- Any other duties deemed acceptable by the Group Finance Director.
Competencies and Qualifications:
- Qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA) - 2+ years PQE.
- Experience of IFRS and UK GAAP.
- Experience in the preparation of statutory and regulatory submissions (FCA).
- Experience of working with/for film production companies.
- Working knowledge of UK Film tax relief.
- Experience working in a regulatory reporting role is desirable.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.