Handle Recruitment are now looking to recruit a Financial Controller to join our vibrant central London office and lead a team of 7.
We are an independent, privately-owned business comprising of two separate companies: a recruitment partner to creative industries and a freelancer payroll service, providing weekly and monthly payroll services. Whilst our heritage clients are from entertainment, today we work with global media brands, social networks, sports bodies, retailers and digital technology providers too, providing recruitment, coaching and events.
Reporting into the MD, the Financial Controller will be responsible for overseeing and developing a finance and payroll function, creating meaningful management information to enable decision-making around the planned mid-to-long-term growth.
Key responsibilities include:
- Overall control of the accounting and payroll functions
- Manage 2 direct reports (overall team of 7)
- Budgeting, forecasting and analysing group results to support business planning
- Support the MD in Group Strategy
- Participate as a key member of the senior management team
- Manage the month-end schedule
- Manage & assist in preparing accurate and timely monthly management accounts
- Manage the outsourced credit control function
- Preparing annual accounts
- Liaise with auditors, banks and all external parties
- Regularly review then implement enhanced systems, processes and procedures
- Ensure suitable insurances are continuously maintained
- Monitor and review agreed TOBs to ensure they are being adhered to
- Financial risk assessments
The successful candidate will:
- Have previous experience from within the recruitment sector or similar service industry
- Be CIMA, ACCA or ACA qualified, or equivalent
- Ideally have experience managing a small (4+) team
- Be strong on systems - previous experience of researching, evaluating and selecting best-in-class systems
- Have strong emotional intelligence, great interpersonal skills and the ability to lead and motivate
- Be a team player willing to muck-in when required
Our working environment reflects the markets we partner- growing, focused, energised, supportive and fun! If this sounds like where you'd like to take on your next role, do get in touch for further details.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.