Financial Controller - Music
Cutting edge Music company with offices in LA, New York and London are looking for a strong qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA Financial Controller. Reporting into the CFO based in NY, supporting the operations of both the UK and American companies. Because the company is a start-up that is growing quickly, the person will need to be able to scale from low-level day-to-day bookkeeping to high-level senior management decisions.
Key responsibilities include:
- Managing the general ledger & month end close, balance sheet reconciliations, royalty statement processing, AP processing, AR collection, payroll, financial statement review, cash flow forecasting, project budgeting & approval, managing insurance policies, and working with external auditors. R
- Review current processes and suggest and implement improvements to increase efficiency and enhance the controls environment.
- Responsible for updating and adding accounting policies for the business.
- Responsible for 4 direct reports and their ongoing training and development.
The successful candidate:
- Must come from a Music background and have a thorough understanding of the industry
- A qualified accountant ACA, CIMA, ACCA or international equivalent
- You will need to be proactive, and easy-going to fit into the team and be flexible in your approach to work and willing to take on ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Experience in managing and developing a small team
- The position will require occasional travel to the U.S.
- Strong communication skills are critical to your success in this role.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.