Financial Controller - Music
Cutting edge Global Music Business is looking for a strong qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA Financial Controller.
Key responsibilities include:
- Month-end procedures
- Ad hoc reporting and analysis
- UK and US tax compliance (VAT, Sales taxes, Corporation taxes, Employee taxes)
- Management and statutory reporting
- Oversee the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions
- Setting and evolving policies and procedures around the above
- Facilitate the process of onboarding new hires (UK, US and worldwide)
- Responsible for 2 direct reports and their ongoing training and development.
The suitable candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) and be experienced with working within the media and entertainment sectors, ideally live events.
With previous Financial Control experience, you will also have had exposure to US accounting procedures.
The role is perfect for an accountant with a positive and proactive attitude.
You will have strong leadership skills, be technically astute but have a strong commercial outlook. Small company experience would be hugely advantageous.
The successful candidate:
- Must come from a Music background and have a thorough understanding of the industry
- A qualified accountant ACA, CIMA, ACCA or international equivalent
- You will need to be proactive, and easy-going to fit into the team and be flexible in your approach to work and willing to take on ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Experience in managing and developing a small team
- The position will require occasional travel to the U.S.
- Strong communication skills are critical to your success in this role.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.