A globally recognised and industry leading publishing business are currently seeking a financial controller to join their Central London offices. Heading up a team of qualified accountants, you will provide advice and strategic support to key decisions makers whilst maintaining financial control.
* Review, compile and issue the monthly management accounts (Including P&L commentary and analysis, B/S reviews and KPIs including the Stock Dashboards) to the board
* Support budgeting and reforecasting to group timetables
* Interpret financial information providing commercial support and analysis to the business
* Integrate new business opportunities and organic business development
* Provide analysis on title sales, title profitability and title post mortems
* Provide P&L and B/S trends analysis
* Supervise the maintenance of general ledger and other accounting records for preparation of the group financial statements and other required financial data
* Ensure key internal controls are functioning correctly
* Review month-end deliverables of direct reports
* Review and maintain Rights and Services income recognition
* Oversee existing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk e.g. Unit
* Coordinate all external and internal audits.
* Contribute to the continuous improvement of the accounting processes, procedures and financial reporting requirements delivered to the business
* Staff management and training
In order to be considered for this position, you will have previously have excelled in an equally challenging and varied role within media. You'll ideally have at least 5 years post qualified experience (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) having also acquired previous experience in business partnering at a senior level.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.