Handle Recruitment are pleased to be working with a fantastic retail business to assist in finding a resilient and grounded Qualified Financial Controller to join their dynamic team of 7 in brand new Central London offices.
This role will be extremely hands on and requires a candidate who is people orientated and able to lead a team in an exciting time of growth.
Reporting into the Head of Finance, with two direct reports, the responsibilities of this role will include:
- Preparing and reviewing month end balance sheet reconciliations (Including Stock, Fixed Assets,
- Prepayments, Taxes and Cash in Transit)
- Preparing and reviewing month end analysis of expense accounts (including Variable and Fixed Costs)
- Analysis of Costs for Budgeting and Forecasting
- Reviewing Lease and Contract documentation to ensure accounting standards are adhered to
- VAT/GST & Sales Tax Returns & Registrations
- Responsible for Statutory filings in UK, Canada, US & Germany
- Preparing Trial Balances for Management Pack
- Meeting year and month end deadlines
- Key Contact for External Auditors
- Communicating across the business with Directors
- Project work & process improvements
- Direct line manager for Assistant Accountants (studying ACCA)
- Supporting the Head of Finance and covering holiday absences
To be considered for this role, we are looking for:
- Qualified ACA Accountant (or equivalent)
- Technically skilled - accounting and tax requirements
- Knowledge of UK VAT essential, knowledge of international Sales Taxes and Corporation taxes desirable
- Retail/Hospitality/FMCG experience would be advantageous
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.