Financial Controller - TV
International TV production company are looking for 1 to 2 years post qualified ACA, ACCA or CIMA Financial Controller reporting into and assisting the FD.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and submission of forecasts and annual budget
- Preparation of consolidated monthly management accounts for US & UK with review and comparison to actual, forecast and budget
- Updating and accuracy of US & UK order books with regard to current and potential programme commissions
- Consolidation and completion of group reporting schedules for submission to parent company with regard to monthly management accounts, forecasts and annual budgets
Production & Royalty Accounting:
- Working closely with Production Management in New York to produce regular cost reports and assist with payment runs as needed and be key contact for PMI queries
- Preparation of quarterly royalty reporting to 3rd parties
Year end & Treasury:
- Produce year-end audit packs for each company and liaison with auditors
- Preparation of annual statutory financial statements and tax packs for UK entities
- Assist in producing relevant data for US filing purposes
- Monitor cashflow and review company UK and US balances and prepare weekly cashflow reports
- Assist FD with appraisal and allocation of workload, job roles and monitor performance & development of the existing finance team
- Updating and expand on current policy and procedure documentation
- Provision of adhoc financial analysis and other information requests as required
The successful candidate must demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, They must be:
- Hands-on, energetic, proactive, self-starter who is able to work to tight deadlines
- Good communicator who gets on well with people, with the confidence to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Solid accounts experience, preferably previous consolidation experience
- Excellent Excel skills, including pivot tables, VLookups.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.