Handle Recruitment are proud to be recruiting for a Group Financial Controller to assist in overseeing the finance function for a leading Media and Entertainment Company. This broad and progressive position will not only be responsible for supporting the UK functions but the group as a whole. Assisting the group FD, the successful candidate will oversee the day to day activities of the UK finance team and continually add commercial and strategic value across the business.
Being a qualified accountant (ACA) and having experience within an Entertainment or Media business you will be experienced in consolidations accounting, inter-company transactions and will have had strong exposure to working in a controls based environment. Skilled in team management and people development this role will provide accounting exposure across all the business units and be responsible for:
Reporting and Controlling:
- Collation and analysis of the group consolidated reports
- Group P&L and balance sheet - management and statutory
- Group budget and forecasts, Group cash flow reporting and forecasts
- Oversee client reporting; producing reports/brand analysis & client projections
- Ensure effective reporting to senior management
- Providing analysis to support results and business decisions
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts for group functions
- Preparation, and review of statutory group accounting, audit, and tax
- Producing of balances, monthly closings, reporting, forecasting, and budgeting
- Ad-hoc analysis as requires
- Team management and continual team development
- Oversee routine meetings with Department Heads/Finance Managers
- Key point of contact for Department Heads and Managers
- Continual process improvement
- Ensuring that deals and sales are tracked appropriately
- Liaising with the Business Affairs team as required
- Supporting the team to provide answers to ad hoc queries across the business
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate a track record of accounting in a UK GAAP environment, group consolidations, and taxation. Being adaptable and proactive the candidate required will possess a commercially and forward thinking mind set to add to the technical and controls based expertise. You will be adaptable, flexible and possess strong communications skills. Entertainment/Media sector experience is essential!
Working closely with senior figures within the business the position is a fantastic opportunity to work at the forefront of a company currently leading the way in its market. Apply now!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.