Financial Reporting Manager - TV
Reporting directly to the Head of Reporting and FP&A, the successful candidate will play a key role in the monthly and annual reporting deliverables of the group including maintaining significant responsibilities for the preparation and delivery of the UK group's annual statutory financial statements and the consolidation and delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual UK group results, forecast and budget - deliverables which contribute to the global group reporting process.
This role will suit a qualified Chartered Accountant, ideally ACA from a top-tier audit firm background, with a minimum of two years post qualified experience, ideally with experience in a similar industry reporting role.
This role will involve:
Management of the statutory accounts and audit process:
- Preparation and timely delivery of statutory financial statements for a large portfolio in excess of UK group companies including a proportion of companies which utilise "Corporation Tax Creative Industry Tax Reliefs".
- Timely preparation of audit requests engaging regularly with key finance contacts across the group in order to prepare.
- Managing a primary point of contact relationship with the audit team and key financial statement preparation contacts, providing responses to audit queries throughout the course of the statutory financial statement audit engagement.
Management of the UK group reporting process:
- Major responsibility for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting of actuals, forecasts and budgets for the 25+ production and commercial labels which comprise the UK group.
- Reporting to global group team, shared reporting responsibilities include the consolidation of' YTD, forecast and budget results for the UK group's labels, shared preparation of consolidation adjustments, and elimination entries.
- Collation and co-ordination of UK label's reporting pack submissions and supplementary disclosures.
Financial processes and projects:
- Reviews / audits of financial processes and controls within UK group.
- Design and implementation of process improvements initiatives - including implementing improvement of processes as a result of undertaking legal entity stewardship reviews.
Accounting policies / treatments:
- Assisting with the implementation and monitoring of group financial accounting policies.
- Review, interpretation and application of accounting standards changes and/or accounting standards to be implemented in relation to new/one-off transactions across the UK group.
- Commercial impact assessments on technical accounting change.
- Preparation of financial information to be furnished to UK Tax Manager and tax advisors when preparing corporation tax returns for the UK portfolio of companies.
- Review of tax returns.
- Provision of financial information for various other tax submissions/reports etc.
Other ad hoc reporting, analysis requirements, regular liaison with all aspect of finance (treasury, tax, analysts, management accounts, production and commercial finance) to co-ordinate reporting and project deliverables.
Skills, Qualifications and Experience:
- An experienced qualified accountant, ideally ACA from a prestigious accounting firm with a minimum of 2 years post qualified experience in a similar in-house reporting role.
- Proven track record of delivering statutory accounts for a large number of companies accurately, on time and successfully through the audit process.
- Strong working knowledge of new UK GAAP and IFRS - ability to understand and interpret accounting treatments for new transactions or policy changes.
- Working knowledge of UK tax principles.
- Experience of accounts consolidation for a medium or large group including eliminations, adjustments, disclosures etc.
- Ability to analyse and interpret the key trends that affect the business as a whole.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.