FP&A Analyst - TV
Global TV business are looking for a progressive part qualified CIMA or ACCA FP&A Financial Analyst to support the Director, Finance Business Partnering in all matters related to Marketing, Creative & Operations across the UK and territories. You will be providing business insight and value through management accounting and control, management reporting, financial planning (including budgeting and forecasting) and analysis for effective business decision support.
Management reporting and Finance control:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts across Marketing, Creative & Operations areas
- Understand the nature of transactions and identify appropriate accounting treatment (referring to contracts if necessary)
- Posting of month end journals and understanding the impact on both P&L and balance sheet
- Maintain month end reporting models ensuring data accuracy
- Maintain robust balance sheet reconciliations - investigating and resolving anomalies
- Prepare monthly P&L summaries with insightful commentary. Investigate variances to forecast and understand key drivers of performance
- Continuously drive improvements for an efficient month end process
- Proactively business partner stakeholders, providing support in all aspects of financial management (e.g. developing excel budget trackers, advising on PO coding)
- Liaise with auditors and support external reporting as necessary
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Prepare regular forecast updates and annual budgets, with insightful commentary
- Work closely with the business to understand key drivers for monthly performance and future budget/forecast cost tracking. Be proactive in evaluation and communication of risks and opportunities to forecasts.
- Ad hoc analysis as required
Knowledge / Skills:
- Part Qualified Accountant (CIMA/ACCA)
- A minimum of two years' experience in a similar role, preferable in a multi-currency / multi-territory environment
- Experience using financial systems packages (E.g. SAP, BPC) and advanced knowledge of Excel
- Comfortable with large data sets - able to analyse and understand key themes and trends
- Ability to present data in a clear, succinct manor
- Ability to learn new skills quickly and adapt in a fast paced environment.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.