We're currently managing an exciting opportunity on behalf of Broadcasting Media & Entertainment Company within the Music Industry.
They are looking for an experienced Analyst to join the team on a permanent basis, it is a newly created role and will be reporting into the FP&A Manager.
The role is responsible for the P&L analysis, reporting through to the FP&A manager and working collaboratively with the controllership functions. There will be a focus on forecasting and planning, ensuring revenues & expenditure are maximised and reported accurately. This is a high-profile role within the business, involved across all aspects of the business's financial performance, policies and processes.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
Ensuring robust figures both by event and across the P&L by class working with our accounting system, reporting system and Excel. Working closely with the event and finance managers to increase profitability and ensure accurate information is reported to the management team and board. Complete variance analysis to prior year and budget/ forecast.
- Assisting the FP&A Manager to identify, develop and manage standard reporting, providing clear accurate decision-making data to the Finance Director and Board.
The role will also form an integral part of the formal Quarterly forecasting process in conjunction with the revenue team and rest of the group.
This role must work with the FP&A manager to assist in the development of all aspects of budgeting for all events based on historical information and an analysis of the market opportunities, working with event directors, managers and the revenue team.
Work closely with the commercial analysts to understand and determine monthly and annual trends in commercial revenue and report this impact to the relevant parties. Ad-hoc financial analysis and evaluation of commercial opportunities that arise.
The role will liaise with all external / internal accountants and event managers to support any queries and ad hoc analysis.
Assist the FP&A Manager in all forecasting, budgeting and reporting
The ideal candidate will be:
- Part Qualified /Finalist /Newly Qualified ACCA/CIMA
- Proactive and motivated self-starter
- Commercial insight
- Proven experience of delivering analytical tools in a commercial environment
- A keen eye for detail, ability to work under pressure and deliver time-sensitive work to a high standard
- A professional manner with the ability to interact with senior management when needed
- The ability to explain analysis to non-numerate people and empathise with their perspective
- A "can do" positive mind-set and the ambition to grow as a finance professional
- Strong excel skills are essential to this role
Please apply NOW to be considered for this position.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.