FP&A Manager - E-Commerce/Retail/Music
Rapidly expanding business are looking for a hands-on, self-starter to create, build and lead the FP&A function extending across reporting, business analysis, data management, budgeting/forecasting and strategic planning support.
Reporting directly to the Finance Director and a dotted line to the Financial Controller, partnering across all business functions and territories (Europe & US).
This role will involve:
Financial Management Reporting & Analysis
- Build, maintain and continually develop a suite of management and executive reports for local management, group parent company and other stakeholders
- Work with the FD to continue to develop and expand the KPIs and drivers and to analysing and communicating across the business, driving commercial performance
- Deliver immediate and urgent margin analysis from imperfect, incomplete and complex data
- Create and build a full new margin mix model using power BI and other tools within 6 months.
- Instigate investigations into variance analysis, drilling down, interrogating, establishing root causes and providing insights, alongside the senior finance team.
- Act as a focal point for US questions or 'beneath the numbers' analysis requests
Financial Planning & Forecasting
- Support the FD, EFC & HOA in the annual budgeting processing, taking a lead role in model and template development and integration.
- Work with HOA & EFC in budget tracking & budgetary control with budget holders, with regular budget meetings and appraisal of performance, timings, phasing, and balance of year commitments
- Lead the production of rolling forecasts for P&L, BS & CF, building out from existing model into a model that is fit for multi-user input, strong functionality with integrity of data and accuracy.
- Support FD with in-depth analysis to build out and maintain 3 year rolling financial plans
- Develop multiple new or improved financial models across the business to seek commercial opportunities, cost efficiencies and control, and manage risks
Business Partner Support
- Build strong and positive relationships with budget holders and senior managers functions (notably sales, marketing, operations, publishing) supporting them with analysis to drive commercial decisions
- Ensure that managers understand and 'own' their numbers by providing analysis that informs and advises.
- Support the FD to actively seek opportunities and manage risks across the business
Item & SKU financial management
- Act as a 'bridge' from Finance to Operations on the control, costing, and valuation of inventory items, highlighting risks, providing multiple levels of analysis (from granular to summary), seeking opportunities
- Become the knowledgeable authority on product pricing & discounts, running scenarios and analysis to seek profit growth from pricing strategies
- External benchmark analysis on competitor pricing or input costs, carriage etc.
- Liaising with US patent company on product items, pricing, costing and related issues
- Provide Bill of Materials for internal production, product creation and comparison against third party costs
Systems, Process & Control
- Contribute with the team on the installation of a Europe consolidation system, to ensure that GL, cost and profit centre structure is consistent, suitable and mapped to work accurately and efficiently for the ERP, the Europe management reporting and the US reporting (with alignment in Hyperion at US level)
- Lead, by partnering alongside the IT department, the building of data warehouses/ cubes, and the reporting thereon through Power BI, being or becoming an expert in Power BI use across the business.
- Work with the EFC to continually highlight control weaknesses and resolution by either process improvements or technical development, with a particular focus on dataflow through the ERP from capture to processing, storing and output.
Skills & Experience
- Qualified accountant with 5 years PQE
- FMCG, manufacturing or print publishing background (or similar), in a business with multiple products & SKU / inventories
- Strong IT and data skills with know-how of technology and BI tools to empower the finance function to support the business with accurate controls and analysis.
- Ability to gain analysis and insight from imperfect information
- Advanced Excel modelling. Demonstrable experience of building complex models from scratch / blank canvas
- Experience of managing high volume transactional data.
- Experience of implementation and development of new BI tools (Power BI in particular)
- International relations, partnering to develop and align reporting, KPIs & analysis
- Experience working with consolidation tools such as Hyperion or Cognos
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.