Handle are working with an amazing national youth arts charity to recruit a Fundraising Development Manager to join their small but high performing team in Central London.
This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the charity on the lead up to a landmark birthday in 2020. As Fundraising Development Manager you will be responsible for leading a small team to achieve the charity's annual fundraising targets. You will lead on applications to Trusts, Foundations and bids to public funders, aiming to build our portfolio of supporters whilst having overall responsibility for the management and stewardship of all funding relationships covered by your team. You will also get the opportunity to lead the development team in conjunction with working with an external agency on the implementation of their birthday appeal and playing a key role in supporting organisational change over the next 18 months. This involves major new programmes and developing a commercial offer for the music education sector, with opportunities for new funding partners to support the work.
Key responsibilities will include:
- To manage fundraising activity, supporting the Chief Executive to diversify income streams, to manage relationships with existing funders and to cultivate new ones to achieve annual income targets
- To be responsible for maximising income from trusts and foundations, increasing our portfolio of supporters through writing compelling applications for the charity's work
- To lead on major grant applications to public funders, and all reporting including data collection and collation in line with our NPO status
- To be the internal lead on the implementation of the charity's Birthday Appeal for 2020, working with their PR agency and social agency to achieve targets and deliver cultivation events as required
- To line manage the Development Manager (Partnerships & Donors), ensuring effective stewardship of all corporate and donor relationships and appropriate management of all funder benefits and hospitality events
- To manage all reporting requirements, with responsibility for the monitoring and evaluation of all funded projects in line with funding agreements, delegating to colleagues as appropriate
- To ensure that up to date records of all funding contacts are maintained (using ThankQ database)
- To be responsible for all Development expenditure, monitoring and reporting income and maintaining financial records as necessary
- To ensure that administrative processes and best practice are consistently applied with regards to donor and grant records, gift aid, GDPR etc
- Other duties as necessary; they are a small team so a hands on approach is needed to ensure that events are delivered on time and to the highest quality
The successful candidate will have experience of working in a complex environment, ideally within the arts or an educational setting. You will have demonstrable experience of working in a fundraising role as well as a proven track record of raising funds from trusts and foundations with experience of a wider fundraising mix.
On a personal note, the perfect candidate will be a team player with a positive approach to work as well as a clear, creative and strategic thinker. If this sounds like you and you're looking to work in a challenging and rewarding environment at a charity doing amazing things, please apply today!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.