Handle Recruitment are currently working with a highly established group of galleries specialising in contemporary and modern art. Their flagship gallery based in central London is currently seeking an accomplished art technician to join them on a contract basis. Our client is one of the biggest names in contemporary art. This is an exciting opportunity for a forward thinking and enterprising art technician to join a fast paced and electric gallery with an award winning collection of internationally acclaimed and emerging artists. The successful candidate will be based in the central London gallery on an ongoing basis
- Handling all artwork and installations
- Client appointments and deliveries
- Picture hanging for the gallery and client appointments
- Gallery appearance, re-hanging
- Gallery stock management
- Delivering art to customer sites
- Handling all art carefully and with due consideration
- Logging and reporting any damaged pieces whether damaged in the gallery or before arrival It may be necessary to work weekends and/or long hours on occasion.
Ideal Person Specification
- Ideally candidates will have achieved an A level standard of education.
- Ideal candidates will have at least 2 years previous experience of gallery- standard art handling in a client-facing role.
- Beneficial, but not essential are artwork installation and/or restoration experience
Please apply today if this sounds like the role you have been waiting for! In order to be considered for the role, candidates must be able to interview at short notice.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.