Gallery Manager - Museums and Galleries
Salary Negotiable DOE
Handle Recruitment is working with a Contemporary Art Gallery to find a Gallery Manager to join their team in Central London.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing both permanent and temporary members of Visitor Services staff, including training and mentoring more junior members of staff
- Working closely with gallery security and being vigilant at all times
- Event management during exhibition launches and private events
- Acting as First Aider and Fire Warden, ensuring that all new starters are up to speed with H&S procedure in the gallery.
- Keeping a record of hours and signing timesheets for temporary members of staff
- Coordinating and distributing rotas, keeping track of holiday requests and monitoring absenteeism
- Leading the team and encouraging them to provide a first class visitor experience to everyone who visits the gallery
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of Visitor Services Management in a Museum or Gallery environment is desirable but not essential
- Experience of managing staff in a Visitor Attraction or Hospitality environment
- Enthusiasm for working with the general public
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Experience of Health and Safety relating to public safety
- A self-motivated attitude, be well disciplined and friendly with excellent timekeeping
This is an exciting opportunity for a Visitor Services or Visitor Experience Manager to take the next step in their career in a very well respected organisation. Immediate interview for suitable candidates, please email email@example.com
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.