Handle Recruitment is excited to be working with a leading Global Broadcasting Business, in the search to find a General Ledger Accounting Manager. Based out of their West London office, this is a fantastic and progressive opportunity for someone looking for international accounting exposure and to work in a varied and broad accounting position
Requiring a candidate to manage and supervise the entire transactional accounting function, the successful candidate will be responsible for the continual reporting and day-to-day support across all of the European finance unit.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
Month end tasks including (but not limited to):
- Reviewing and approving journals proposed by the local European finance teams
- Posting AR and AP subsystem journals as required
- Coordinating vendor information from third parties in accordance with compliance requirements
- Creating vendor accounts in the online Vendor Request System
- Updating vendors in PeopleSoft accounting system
- Overseeing payment schedule for payment runs
- Applying collections into the PeopleSoft accounting system following receipts from customers identified in the bank
- Reviewing and approving billing run, credit note requests and customer master file changes
- Managing one financial accountant, encouraging ongoing development
- Complying with statutory and legal requirements: audit, tax, VAT and all regulatory filings or information request
- Supporting the European regional allocation process by ongoing review and transactional input
- Ad hoc as required
This is a fantastic position suitable for an accountant with a proven track record of management and supervision AP/AR/Treasury function or transaction function. You will be a confident communicator with reporting experience. Media and Entertainment experience and Stat Accounting/Reporting is highly desirable.
You will be a keen and dedicated individual with an eye for detail! Apply Now.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.