Our client, an independent worldwide publisher, is seeking a Group Business Partner to join their London team. Reporting into and supporting the Group Financial Controller.
This role has a dual role, as business partner to the Non-Consumer division and Group lead for all financial aspects involved in both the short-term and long-term strategic process. You will be responsible for leading the Group budgeting and reforecasting process in line with the Group timetable
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Produce monthly management commentary including detailed variance reporting on the management accounts in accordance with Group timetables. Attendance at monthly management meetings and leading on presentation of the business unit result;
- Manage the Group budget and reforecast process including monitoring and delivery of information within agreed timelines, managing regional teams to deliver within predetermined deadlines and preparation of Board Papers;
- Lead financial modelling on business cases by identifying key risks, the impact on the rest of the business and ensure that the financials appropriately account for these
- Oversight of the group five year plan;
- Finance lead on IT developments impacting the Business Partner team
- Preparation of ad hoc financial analysis and management of ad hoc queries on Business Unit financials in order to support and improve commercial decision making;
- Support the business on financial aspects for existing assignments, bids, proposals, pricing and reviewing commercial contracts as appropriate;
- Understand the wider impact of financial results and use this insight to curtail or support business and investment activities. Including spotting warning signs of things going wrong and providing a decisive response.
- Provide constructive challenge to senior management on change proposals which will effect own business area.
- Manage team of three management accountants with on-going coaching and mentoring of team members
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues meeting regularly with key management personnel to understand their issues and offer innovative solutions or further contribution to inform their resolution
- Encourage contributions and involvement from a broad and diverse range of staff by being visible and accessible through attendance of key business meetings including monthly management meetings and title P&L sign-off.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Qualified Accountant with demonstrably strong technical accounting skills
- Knowledge and experience within a publishing environment is desirable (but not essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of producing management accounts, variance analysis, business case analysis and costing.
- Prior experience in a Planning & Reporting role, managing teams to Budget/forecast timetables
- Customer focused individual with excellent interpersonal skills, who is able to show evidence of strong influencing and communication skills; ability to build and maintain good business relationships and explain financial concepts to non-accountants
- Ability to problem solve and work independently, handling and prioritising time sensitive work under pressure and to multiple time sensitive deadlines, responding swiftly to different demands from the business and prioritising work load.
- Proven experience in modelling, analysing data, managing cost and savings projects and implementing a strategic plan are all essential skills required for this role.
- Knowledge of financial accounting standards and procedures. An unquestioned track record demonstrating sound judgement, integrity and ethics. An individual with strong character who will quickly gain the trust of others.
If this role is of interest APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.