Our client, a Creative Media Agency, are seeking a Qualified Finance Business Partner to join their London team. Reporting into and supporting the Group Financial Controller. You will support with the commercial and financial planning processes and the delivery of accurate and timely updates on financial performance to the business.
Your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Build relationships with the business area management team and department heads, providing support to management, addressing any issues with financial systems or procedures that might impede the successful operation or development of the business.
- Attend regular business area meetings with management to help them achieve their objectives, providing finance support and insight and follow-up on action points, as applicable.
- Ensure timely delivery of monthly financial information, with appropriate and consistent explanation of significant variations from budget and latest re-forecast.
- Ensure that subsequent re-forecasts reflect impact of highlighted variations (including monthly full-year forecasts and program slates), with appropriate explanation.
- Understand and validate assumptions used in planning commercial and other revenue forecasts during the relevant financial planning and reporting cycles.
- Understand and validate assumptions used for operating costs, overhead allocations, amortisation and depreciation charges, interest expense and other income and costs as appropriate.
- Improve business understanding of contribution as a performance measure, especially in relation to events and sponsorship and utilise this information to assist in improved decision making.
- Track capital expenditure budgets, re-forecasts and annual spend, ensuring costs/benefit analysis is provided for all proposed investments.
- Ensure any significant changes to the commercial, Taxation or regulatory environment are escalated to Finance Management Team.
- With support from the management accounting team, provide month and YTD variance analysis and regular updates on current and forecast financial performance.
- Challenge the business's consideration of performance to focus on forward-looking positions and the impact for the full year and beyond of current decisions.
- Challenge current processes to be more streamlined and automated.
- Work with finance management to challenge existing accounting policies.
- Adapt policies and processes in line with requirements maintaining the control environment.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- ACA (or ACCA/CIMA) qualification with at least 3 years post-qualification experience
- A proven ability to work as a business partner with senior management, demonstrating confidence, strong influencing skills and excellent verbal and written communication.
- You'll need to be a lateral thinker who can solve problems and deliver solutions to the business, whilst at the same time ensuring we stick to the rules and audit requirements are met.
- Strong diverse systems experience including advanced excel (formulae, pivot tables etc).
If this role is of interest APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.