Group Financial Controller - Creative Agency
World renowned Creative Agency with interests in Film, Animation, Architecture, Events, Digital and a number of other areas are looking for a high calibre Group FC to manage and motivate a team and streamline processes and procedures.
Managing a team of 4 and reporting into the CFO and liaising closely with the Company Secretary, Divisional Heads, Sales and Production Execs and HR this role will involve:
- Production of monthly financial management information pack with performance commentary, including actual to budget variance analysis, and forecast. Set up efficient, semi-automated reporting packs.
- Review and re-engineer month end processes and implement a fast month end close - to within 5 working days
- Set up a streamlined process to generate monthly consolidated management accounts
- Improve efficiency of the accounting team. Leverage technology to minimise manual processes.
FINANCIAL REPORTING and TAX
- Define accounting policies for all group companies
- Responsible for all statutory reporting requirements with Companies House and HMRC in the UK and authorities in other countries on accurate and timely basis
- Establish intercompany agreements and transfer pricing policies
- Collaborate with external accountants to ensure proper compliance with all regulations
- Manage workflows with clear and transparent project timelines
- Financial reporting: ensure compliance with FRS102 and manage transition to full IFRS
- Manage tax reporting - including corporation tax, animation tax credits, EMI return and Form 42
- Liaise closely with the Company Secretary to ensure timely and accurate filings
INTERNAL CONTROLS AND PROCESS
- Documenting, designing, implementing and maintaining internal controls
- Establish and implement financial reporting systems to comply with government regulations and legislation
- Suggest updates and improvements for accounting processes
- Support any project work on systems replacements and upgrades
- Develop annual budgets and financial plans for the company, implement rolling forecast process
- Examine all financial reports and data closely to check for discrepancies
- Create systems to prevent errors in data collection and calculations
- Support generation of insightful management reporting and ad hoc analysis requests
- Manage the treasury function
- Manage cash flow by generating weekly 13 week forecasts and monthly 12 month reports
- Liaise with bankers as necessary, including set up of borrowing facilities and tender bonds.
- Support CFO on potential merger and acquisition projects
- Support sales and production on pitches and project management
Skills and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant (ACA) preferred
- Audit trained with experience in a Top 20 firm.
- Strong knowledge of FRS102, IFRS and US GAAP
- Has experience of working with an experienced group financial controller in a fast close
- Relevant industry experience: professional services time based, project accounting, animation, production, licenses and royalties, stock.
- Experience of working in a company with multiple operational divisions, locations and legal
- ERP systems implementations
- Advanced level spreadsheet skills and PC literacy
- Experience of tax relief on animation production and R&D would be useful
- Project management
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.