Group Finance Analyst - TV
Global TV giant are looking for a high calibre qualified ACA Finance Analyst with an enthusiastic approach and a strong technical background. This role is an ideal opportunity for the candidate to gain a wide range of experience across reporting, forecasting and treasury, as well as developing their project management skills.
This is a newly created role which will involve:
Analysis of Group cash reporting, to include:
- Review monthly OpCo cashflow submissions to check for correctness and liaise with OpCo finance teams where required to ensure the accuracy of these submissions.
- Analyse the significant movements in Group cashflow on a monthly basis to enable more accurate cash forecasting.
- Continue to develop the Group consolidation system to improve the efficiency and accuracy of this process.
Risk and Compliance
- Monitoring leverage, covenant reporting and other requirements under the groups senior lending agreements and making recommendations based on the analysis performed.
- Prepare and manage appropriate documentation for review and sign-off of external financing on a quarterly basis.
- Actively manage significant receivables and make recommendations for receivables financing where appropriate.
- Assist in the training of OpCo finance teams by performing regular analysis of OpCo submissions to continue to raise the quality of cash reporting across the Group.
- Management of key banking relationships and being the first point of contact for both the Bank and the OpCo's on Treasury matters.
Review of OpCo cash forecasting submissions:
- Review of weekly cashflow submissions made by OpCo's against Orderbooks to ensure reasonableness of cash forecasting.
- Review of annual budget and year-end forecast cash to identify errors and challenge OpCo's on submissions received.
- Comparison of actual cash movements against budget and forecast to understand key movements and to action intra-group transfers where appropriate.
M&A and Dividend Planning:
- Review agreements with non-wholly owned entities and actively forecast where any dividend exposure lies, updating the Group's cash model where necessary.
- Other ad-hoc analysis to assist Legal, Treasury and Corporate Development in acquisition execution.
- Continued development of Anaplan system to improve cash forecasting processes and the automation of reporting for further analysis.
- Ad-hoc analysis as required.
The correct candidate will demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills, appetite for responsibility and be able to work autonomously.
They must be/have:
- ACA 1 to 2 years post qualified
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and excellent attention to detail/accuracy
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Methodical and organized approach to tasks
- Confidence to build relationships at all levels, both internally and externally
- A background in the media or a passion for the creative industries would be advantageous
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.