Group Financial Control and Compliance Analyst - TV
Rapidly expanding TV group with an already exciting portfolio of brands are looking for a newly qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA Group Financial Control & Compliance Analyst who will be responsible for a wide range of financial control assignments and consolidation of risks and issues across the group.
This role will involve a significant level of liaison with all the operating companies within the group and the main responsibilities will include:
Internal Controls & Audit
- Work with the Financial Control & Compliance Manager to enable an on-going programme of internal audits
- Own the audit planning and risk coverage process arranging audit timings with the Finance Directors of the various operating companies
- Create audit programmes to effectively test the control environment, specifically balance sheet reviews and cost audits
- Plan and deliver end-to-end audits across production, financial and compliance areas
- Co-ordinate and work with the shareholders' internal audit teams as necessary
- Consolidate and detail the outcome of the internal audit reviews in a report with value add and practical recommendations
- Analyse and conclude on the effectiveness and efficiency of processes and controls including prioritization of audit recommendations
- Track audit recommendations to ensure that implementation is achieved against targets and remediation is effective
- Ad hoc projects or reviews that may be required in response to issues or concerns raised within the company
- Track changes required to the Policies & Procedures manual and liaise with various heads of department to update twice annually
- Assist the Financial Control & Compliance Manager with wider compliance within group companies (e.g. Anti-Bribery & Corruption, HR, Policies & Procedures).
Quarterly Balance Sheet Reviews
- Determine a process for and carry out quarterly balance sheet reviews of the operating companies
- Consolidate and detail the outcome of the review, tracking any feedback/improvement points or concerns
The successful candidate must be/have:
- A qualified accountant with Big 4 training, 2 years PQE
- Experienced in Internal Audit & Control testing preferably within the media industry
- Report writing experience
- Basic IT controls experience
- Strong operational and project background
- Familiarity with accounting/reporting systems (Cognos advantageous)
- GL/TB experience desirable
- Experience with process of system implementations advantageous
- Minimum level of travel, the majority will be in London, with one or two overseas trips per year.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.