Cutting edge and highly successful music group are looking for a qualified ACA/CIMA/ACCA Group FD to manage an established finance team and working closely with senior management to further develop this growing business.
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Group Finance Director will not only be an exceptional accountant and hands-on with company finances, but will also be commercially aware, with good initiative and the ability to think creatively, so that they can play a major role in the development of the business. Good leadership and motivational skills are essential, not just for managing and inspiring the finance team, but equally to play a leading role in the senior management team.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Overseeing the day to day running of the finance function
- Ensuring financial targets are met
- Taking a key role in business decisions with MD and senior management
- Identifying efficiencies and areas of growth for the business
- Leading the financial planning, analysis, and strategy
- Oversight of monthly, quarterly and annual reporting function
- Cash management and control
- Management of the year end process
- Managing key internal and external relationships
- Implementing and maintaining first class controls and systems
- Ensuring that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth
- Developing and supporting the finance team
- Contributing to the identification and development of new business opportunities
- Contributing fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate
- Providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers
- Candidates must be fully qualified accountants ACA, CIMA, ACCA
- Must have extensive experience in leading and developing finance functions
- Strong technical accounting skills
- Ability to operate at both strategic and operational levels
- Excellent inter-personal and communication skills
- Experience of managing, developing and motivating staff
- Ability to work with a high level of accuracy and meet strict deadlines
- Excellent Excel skills
- High integrity and openness combined with commitment to good governance.
- Must have experience in music, media or entertainment environment
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.