Group Financial Accountant - Computer Gaming
Recently founded but rapidly growing computer gaming business are looking for a newly qualified ACA qualified Group Financial Accountant.
Reporting to the Financial Accounting Manager but also work directly with CFO on certain areas. This will suit someone who wants to get stuck in and get involved with a company with set strategic aims in a relatively tight timeframe, do a bit of everything, but be able to ask for help or advice when needed.
This is the second role based in the UK other than the CFO and Financial Accounting Manager. With this early mover advantage you will be able to help set things up in the best way possible, help create processes and drive the way things are done.
We need someone who has a good understanding of IFRS (especially across multi-currency consolidations and acquisition accounting) as well as someone with strong Microsoft Excel skills to be able to be involved in the on-going development of the forecasting process. This role will suit someone from a practice background looking to make their first move into industry.
- Involvement in the Company's fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and statutory reporting;
- Involvement in the preparation of consolidated financial and statutory accounts for the group under IFRS;
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the finance team from an accounting and reporting perspective;
- Support due diligence, especially with respect to PPA and other acquisition accounting considerations;
- Assistance in the preparation of the annual budget, three year business plan, and quarterly forecast process down to the subsidiary level;
- Assist with preparation of periodic financial results to the Board of Directors and other major investors including month-end variance analysis to business plan;
- Provide on-going support to the CFO and the other key stakeholders in the business across a wide variety of internal projects and on-going accounting & operational initiatives;
- Drive automation and improvement in reporting and process; and
- Potential responsibility for certain subsidiaries of the Group
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA or equivalent) with experience in the preparation or review of financial statements and technical accounting;
- Bachelors degree or equivalent;
- Audit experience (either in practice or working with Auditors to complete statutory audits);
- Confident user of accounting software with an ability to learn new systems quickly along with high Microsoft Excel knowledge;
- Strong knowledge of accounting policies and IFRS;
- Experience with publicly listed companies is an advantage;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills;
- Able to develop key relationships across all functions throughout the company;
- Ability to take full ownership of projects within a small team;
- Experience in video games industry is an advantage but not mandatory; candidates without video games industry experience must be able to demonstrate their understanding of the space.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.