Job Title: Group Accountant
Reports to: Group Financial Controller
Contract: Maternity cover
Job Purpose and Context
The Group Accountant will work in the Group Finance team and with be responsible for the preparation of a full reporting and consolidation service at a Group level on a global basis. They will insure production of a full set of financial reporting to all relevant stakeholders on a tight timescale.
The Group Accountant will report into the Group Financial controller and will be responsible for the preparation of financial reporting and analysis to the shareholders. Financial reporting has to be of a PLC standard produced to specified deadlines for external reporting to the market, the Board and regular reporting to shareholders.
- Work closely with regional finance teams to consolidate, analyse and report actual results.
- Prepare monthly reporting pack to majority parent company ensuring compliance with group policies and the production of accurate, consistent and timely information.
- Produce financial statements for the group's annual and half year reports.
- Support the Head of Investor Relations with the preparation of financial information for the board and broader investor community.
- Manage the preparation of statutory accounts for all UK companies.
- Work with the Group FP&A team in the production of budget and forecasts.
- Oversee the general ledger accounting for corporate holding companies.
- Provide technical accounting advice and monitor changes in accounting standards.
- Identify and improve processes and controls within the group reporting process.
- ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent Qualification
- Listed company consolidation and reporting experience
- Excellent systems knowledge including SAP
- Collaborative team player with a personable and confident approach.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.