An extremely successful international fashion retailer are now recruiting a Group Tax and Treasury Accountant to join their team. This is a crucial position with overall responsibility for corporation tax and VAT compliance, with one direct report.
This role will suit candidates with a keen eye for detail and excellent people skills as liaising with senior stakeholders across the business as well as third parties is a key aspect of the job.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing all aspects of corporation tax in the UK, Germany and Ireland
- Monitoring compliance with VAT legislation of stock
- Partnering with the Retail, Multichannel and Buying teams
- Managing all other aspects of the Group's compliance with indirect tax legislation, such as engaging with third party advisers to ensure compliance with EU distance selling rules
- Managing cash flow and foreign exchange exposure
- Preparing all Group-level accounting journals at month-end
- Adhere to and comply with all group banking/loan obligations
- Take part in mentoring culture
- Ad hoc projects involving liaising with management
Key candidate requirements:
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CTA accountant (or international equivalent), with sound technical knowledge
- Strong organisation, numeric and communication skills
- Previous experience of indirect tax compliance/accounting within a business that makes EU purchases and supplies
- An understanding of the principles of managing cash flow, foreign exchange and loan compliance
- Sound knowledge of corporate taxes and VAT
- Strong Excel skills
- Retail experience
In return this position is offering a great opportunity to join the business during an exciting growth period. Excellent benefits are also offered.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.