In this role you will be responsible for the ownership of the Group's consolidation entities, ensuring that statutory and other external reporting requirements are met and that the Group complies with generally accepted accounting standards and practices.
The main responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Monitor accounting and reporting developments under IFRS and UK GAAP
- Provide technical accounting support, including advice in respect of acquisitions and disposals, financial instruments, revenue recognition and cost capitalisation to ensure the business complies with relevant reporting requirements.
- Manage statutory financial reporting for the Group, including liaising with the Group's external auditors to ensure that interim and year end audits are well planned, managed and coordinated.
- Oversee a number of group reconciliations and supervise the performance of key Group reconciliations to improve the quality and timeliness of balance sheet reporting and understanding.
- Work with the wider business to ensure that all intragroup transactions are identified and eliminated as appropriate to ensure that intragroup balances are reconciled and differences fully investigated and resolved.
- Build strong working relationships with operational finance teams and IT to ensure that issues are anticipated and resolved constructively on a timely basis.
- Manage a team of two Group Financial Accountants.
The ideal candidate:
- Experience of statutory financial reporting and consolidation in a complex multinational organisation obtained either through industry or practice
- Excellent awareness of current and prospective technical accounting and reporting requirements under both IFRS and UK GAAP;
- Practical knowledge and understanding of treasury operations and financial instruments;
- Confident and flexible team player with the ability to influence at all levels;
- Proactive and self-motivated with the genuine drive and commitment to improve the effectiveness of reporting processes;
- Strong numerical and analytical skills; and
- Good spreadsheet and IT skills (prior experience of using SAP would be an advantage, but training will be given as required).
Our client offers excellent career prospects, a good salary and an excellent bonus/benefits package! If you meet the above requirement, please get in touch straight away!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.