The Head of Fiance will be responsible for all areas of finance including; high-quality financial reporting, cash-flow monitoring, ensuring regulatory compliance and effective financial controls. Working collaboratively with budget holders, you will work to ensure clear understanding and ownership of financial performance across the organisation.
This hands-on role is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious, highly-motivated and enthusiastic qualified accountant.
- Supervision of 4 finance staff
- Monthly management accounts and group reporting
- Working with Account directors and budget holders
- Negotiating supplier agreements
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Monthly revenue recognition and time sheet reconciliation to revenue
- Accruals and prepayments
- Balance sheet reconciliation and working capital analysis
- Overall responsibility for credit control
- Payroll submission to bureau
- Managing the audit (internal and external)
- Ensure timely and accurate invoicing/credit note issuance, general ledger journal postings, revenue recognition, analysis and reconciliation of relevant clients/projects
- Possible management of staff benefits
- Responsibility for freelance contractor compliance
- Submission of P11d's and PSA calculation
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Fully qualified ACCA, CIMA or ACA Accountant (or overseas equivalent)
- Previous experience in an agency environment would be useful but not essential.
- Experience in a similar levelled role is desirable
- Management Experience
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to analyse and report on complex financial information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to drive change where necessary
- Proactive and able to demonstrate initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to explain financial matters to non-finance staff
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.