Handle is working with a leading Publisher in the Education Sector to recruit a Head Of Business Systems.
Reporting to the COO the role is responsible for overseeing operational business systems. The role acts as a key liaison within the business across all workflows and transactional processing within the group.
Prior experience in Educational Publishing or the wider Publishing Sector is highly desirable for this role.
- To work in partnership with all areas of the business to champion the quality and integrity of all data and systems
- Input into long term planning on emerging technologies and best practice
- Data, workflow & processes
- Owns end to end process in partnership with functional process owners, including all systems links, data flows and interfaces.
- Maintain documentation and training to support division-wide understanding of our workflows and systems.
- To develop a culture of continuous improvement in systems & processes
- Deliver exception reporting to facilitate fast and effective alerts to issues and identify and implement remedial action
- Co-ordinate change management, including communication, divisional testing, training and documentation.
- Oversee data flows between proprietary systems and group business systems, and feeds out to external agencies/partners
- Core infrastructure & governance
- To own relationships with key external suppliers
- To optimise the effectiveness of our systems architecture, including working with Group IT on server availability, management and maintenance.
- To continually assess the adequacy of business systems in terms of governance and compliance, including but not limited to cyber security, data resilience / back-up
- Be the GDPR liaison for digital platform / systems queries, ensuring regularly required information is easily accessible to legal team and GDPR contact in the division.
- Support compliance across whole supply chain (e.g. data providers, printer systems and processes).
- Strong understanding of publishing workflows, including ecommerce and digital development.
- Good grasp of IT architecture, data management and cyber security.
- Excellent communicator, able to work cross-functionally, involving a wider range of stakeholders at all levels in the organisation.
- Proven and demonstrable commercial negotiation skills
- Strong management skills, delegative and mentoring style
- Good communicator with an open and engaging approach
- 3+ years of experience in the publishing or similar industry
- Experience of complex workflows and products in a multi-site environment
- Familiar with the principles and implementation of lean practices and processes
Need to be
- Well-organised - consistently meets tight deadlines
- Excellent problem-solver with a can-do attitude
- Structured and disciplined in approach to planning own workload
- Good team-member, respected and trusted by colleagues
- Interested in and enthusiastic for Publishing business and the Education sector
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.