Head of Commercial Finance - Entertainment/Advertising
International media business with interests in Publishing, TV and Radio are looking for a Head of Commercial Finance to business partner the Managing Director Advertising with overall responsibility for all financial issues across advertising operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Business Partner for MD Advertising/Performance Management
- Assessment and view on financial performance across all revenue streams, pricing, inventory management, integrity of reporting, commission structures, delivery of realistic forecasts and budgets.
- Work with Managing Director and Group FD to ensure optimum efficiency of sales operation with appropriate commissions structures and KPIs.
- Tight control of cost base with appropriate review structures and control measures.
- Support Managing Director Advertising to evaluate and determine strategy and identify new areas for growth.
- To have a clear grasp of the performance of each deal at any moment in time
- To work with the Head of Trading to ensure performance vs deal terms is optimised
- To understand the agency landscape and ensure trading team are exploiting all new opportunities
- Responsible for accuracy of deal provisions and all related accounting issues.
Management Reporting and Information
- To ensure Managing Director Advertising, Group Finance and Strategy Director and other key stakeholders regularly receive relevant, meaningful and insightful reporting across all platforms and revenue streams
- Ensure all financial reporting is robust, reliable and that revenue recognition policies are applied.
- Work with the Group Finance and Strategy Director on any agency or advertising ad hoc projects.
The correct candidate:
- Professionally qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) for at least 7 years
- Ability to communicate effectively with and challenge senior management
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritise to add value ability to apply common sense approach to business scenario's
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.