Head of Commercial Finance and Strategic Planning - Film & TV
High growth Digital TV start-up are looking for a Head of Commercial Finance and Strategic Planning who would report into the CFO and will play a key role in the future growth of the company. This pivotal role will lead all Commercial and Strategic activities and will spearhead the business planning, the annual budget process, and the 5-year long-term plan process.
The successful candidate will be involved in business and corporate development initiatives, such as identifying growth opportunities and evaluate transactions such as merger and acquisitions, joint ventures, strategic alliances and corporate investments from a strategic and financial perspective.
You will also be involved in content strategy, helping solve some of their most critical financial and strategic challenges through delivering high quality strategic advice and creative content solutions to our content acquisitions and production teams.
In addition, the individual will provide financial analysis and strategic support to senior management, including preparing board presentations, financial presentations, capital expenditure analysis, industry/peer group comparisons, new business opportunities, marketing acquisition analysis and other projects requested by senior management.
- MBA strongly preferred (B.A./B.S. required).
- Typically 5+ years business experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate/business development, or strong, analytical FP&A.
- Media and entertainment industry (preferred film, television and/or digital media) and a strong understanding of digital media business models
- Demonstrated strong financial analysis, valuation, and planning skills and experience. and/or investment analyses.
- Strong financial modelling skills, with demonstrated ability to create iterative planning and investment/assessment financial models that can adapt and flex to key meaningful what/if questions that are asked.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills and demonstrated ability to create well written, incisive, and concise graphic power-point presentations to explain business performance/KPI variances, identify key business drivers, and key strategic initiatives/recommendations for senior management, the board, or outside investors.
- Demonstrated understanding of financial reporting and accounting.
- Proven ability to manage projects from beginning to completion with a 'can-do' attitude and a proven ability to manage and meet all deadlines.
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly numerate and organized
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.