The Head of Distribution (HOD) will be responsible for key aspects of operating the company's affiliate distribution businesses, involving Free-to-air TV platforms and Pay TV platforms for both channel distribution and VOD distribution.
You will have negotiation and revenue generation accountabilities as well as responsibility for day-to-day management of broadcast and affiliate platforms and will be a key point of contact for key departments and related service providers. The HOD will manage, with the support of a Commercial Distribution Executive, key department growth initiatives, such as channel launches or changes, affiliate negotiations, and performance management initiatives.
* Work with the Commercial Director on all aspects relating to extending existing/developing new platform partnerships, including commercial negotiation, market, platform & competitor analysis, commercial options analysis and financial modelling, preparation of recommendations for internal stakeholders, pitch preparation, presentation and commercial proposal creation, deal implementation and management
* Manage the company's affiliate distribution services and maintain strong working relationships with all of their major Pay TV and Free TV platforms and with full accountability for management of smaller cable and IPTV channel distribution partners
* Take ownership and lead specific business initiatives related to the carriage of channels on major Pay TV and Free TV platforms, across linear channel licensing and VOD licensing
* Work with Commercial Distribution Executive and key editorial, operational teams and other teams as required to ensure compliance with contractual commitments
* Closely monitor market developments and provide routine and ad-hoc updates to business stakeholder as required
* Act as lead commercial liaison for channel teams around creative execution on channel brands/rebrands including acting as lead commercial representative at channel brand refresh workshops
* Work with Commercial Distribution Executive to manage an accurate database of affiliate subscriber reports and revenue reports
* Work closely with affiliate marketing to provide updates on programming, general updates and hospitality events.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
* Experienced negotiator and relationship manager in respect of Pay TV platforms
* Experience of Sky and Virgin carriage arrangements preferred, but not essential
* Candidates with current experience working in a major Pay TV broadcaster or major Pay TV platform preferred
* Candidates should be able to demonstrate passionate, active interest in and understanding of the broadcast media industry and parallel industries
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.