Interim Head of Events - Music
12 months FTC (Maternity Cover)
Handle Recruitment is working with a music agency who create, manage and style bespoke acts in-house to be booked for parties, weddings and brand events in the UK and around the World to find an Interim Head of Events for a 12 month FTC maternity cover contract.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the rapidly expanding domestic and international Private Event business
- Leading and managing a team of Event Managers/Music Bookers as the key point person for all team enquiries and issues
- Providing leadership support to teams and motivate staff to achieve goals
- Supporting the team in managing and growing existing client accounts
- Assisting the Managing Director in creating new business opportunities
- Managing and maintain client and musician relationships
- Representing the Private Events team in monthly management meetings
- Acting as Account Manager for a number of key client accounts
- Supporting the wider team including the Marketing Manager and Head of Residencies.
- Providing, or externally source, training for wider team
The ideal candidate will have:
- Significant experience in an events-related role, with demonstrable management / senior level experience
- The ability to support the individual Event Managers, increasing the team's productivity and assisting with complicated issues in regard to the company's Private Event business.
- Excellent problem-solving skills; being able to successfully balance your workload whilst supporting the team
- Strong financial and commercial acumen and will have experience creating and managing budgets
- Solid knowledge of contracts and contract terms, maintaining the quality and relevance of the company's legal documents, as well as support individual Event Managers with contractual negotiations
- Experience of managing events in the luxury market, up to date knowledge of music and music trends
Both a natural leader & a team player with a positive 'can-do' attitude, the ideal candidate will be articulate, a fantastic communicator who thrives under pressure, with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail.
Immediate interview for successful candidate, please email email@example.com with a CV and covering letter to apply.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.