The Head of Finance will report directly into the Managing Director and will be fully responsible for providing strategic financial direction and advice, as well as a financial administrative service, to ensure the effective management of the Company's finances and financial compliance responsibilities.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide advice and guidance on financial strategy and planning to achieve business objectives.
- Monthly presentation of key financial analytical reports to management
- Review the financial management requirements of the business and develop, implement and maintain effective financial processes to optimise financial performance.
- Prepare the Company's management accounts and assist with the preparation of the annual accounts and budget, producing cash flow forecasts and variances against budget projections to assist financial decision making.
- Produce analysis of income and expenditure to assist in the budget monitoring process.
- Manage the operating profit and loss account and balance sheet to produce accurate and timely financial information to ensure we meet regulatory and business requirements.
- Responsible for the purchase and sales ledgers, ensuring suppliers are paid on time and maintaining effective credit control and cash management in line with agreed targets to ensure the organisation remains financially efficient.
- Maintain accurate and reliable accounting records including keeping record of all receipts and expenses and producing reports to ensure that the organisation is meeting its financial responsibilities.
- Preparation of budgets with a range of cost drivers, budget monitoring and control
- Oversee the operation of the external payroll bureau, preparing payroll and establishing necessary controls and checks to ensure all employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Manage regulatory requirements to ensure the Company's financial/legal obligations are met.
- Act as the main point of contact for the bank, auditors, HMRC and other relevant external regulatory/financial bodies, dealing with queries and providing necessary information, including preparation and submission of VAT return.
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities or tasks that are within your skills and abilities.
- Fully qualified ACCA, CIMA, ACA (or oversea equivalent)
- Experience of managing financial systems and processes
- Experience of computerised accounting packages (in particular Xero Accounting)
- Experience with an invoice discounting facility
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to analyse and report on complex financial information
- High attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to drive change where necessary
- Proactive and able to demonstrate initiative
- Knowledge of the publishing industry
- Degree in Business, Economics or Finance or equivalent
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.