Our client, an exciting Arts and Entertainment business, are seeking a Head of Finance to join the team.
It is a newly created position and will be reporting into and deputising for the FD and managing a team of 14.
As the Head of Finance you will oversee the day to day operational and strategic activities of the Finance Department; providing leadership to the Finance team and ensuring all accounting and reporting requirements are met.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Ensuring the annual statutory accounts for all legal entities within the group are produced
- Ensuring that strong financial control measures and controls are in place.
- Ensuring all group balance sheets are fully reconciled at the time periods appropriate to the account
- Ensuring group VAT returns are completed, liaising with group tax advisors as appropriate
- Partnering with other heads of department to improve their departmental reporting, accounting and budgeting processes
- Leading the group financial budget and interim forecasting processes and presenting these to the Finance Director for review/sign off
- In conjunction with the Finance Director, leading the group's financial auditing process; liaising with auditors, tax advisors and bankers as appropriate. Ensuring audit findings and feedback are followed up with clear action plans
- Identifying and understanding potential financial risks and ensuring these are managed and/or mitigated and reported to the Finance Director
- Contributing to wider or strategic business projects as required by the Finance Director
Essential skills required:
- Fully qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Experience of working in a senior Finance position, with departmental leadership responsibilities
- Experience of preparing statutory accounts
- Excellent working knowledge of both VAT and corporation tax
- Strong attention to detail & accuracy
- Well-organised and adaptable
The ideal candidate will have an interest or experience in an arts / entertainment environment.
The client is looking for someone with excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team and build good working relationships with external contacts.
Someone with a motivated and professional manner who possess a proactive, innovative and pragmatic approach to problem solving, with the ability to see the big picture and wider implication of processes and practices.
Please apply NOW if this is of interest.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.