Head of Finance - Computer Gaming - Central London
My client, an exciting Computer Gaming start-up are looking for a Qualified Head of Finance to join the company on a permanent basis. This Head of Finance will be the company's second hire within the Finance team and will act as an integral part of the company's growth and development.
Working alongside the CFO you will be able to help set things up in the best way possible, help create processes, drive the way we do things, and build the team from the ground up! This is a hands on role allowing you to get involved with every aspect including providing management with insightful data-driven recommendations, accounting and reporting support.
This role would suit a candidate who has a keen interest in the Computer Gaming industry!
- Work directly with the CFO and be the first full time member of the team;
- Oversee the company's fiscal activity, including budgeting, reporting, and auditing;
- Assure legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance with regulations;
- Be responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial and statutory accounts for the group under IFRS;
- Assist with the day-to-day responsibilities of the finance team from an accounting and reporting perspective;
- Lead the financial/regulatory aspects of investment transactions and support due diligence, especially with respect to PPA and other acquisition accounting considerations;
- The potential to lead from an accounting perspective any and all transactions in the future;
- Assistance in the preparation of the annual budget, three year business plan, and quarterly forecasts process down to the subsidiary level;
- Assist with periodic financial results to the Board of Directors and other major investors including month-end variance analysis to plan development of business model;
- Provide on-going support to the CFO and the other key stakeholders in the business across a wide variety of internal projects and on-going accounting & operational initiatives;
- Drive automation and improvement in reporting and process; and
- Help build the team and assist with recruitment of new team members
- Fully qualified ACA or equivalent
- At least 3 years post qualified experience
- A strong academic background is also highly desirable
- Experience in the preparation of financial statements and technical accounting
- Management level finance experience- well-versed in all aspects of financial management
- Experience in a publicly listed company and dealing with related corporate governance, compliance, and regulatory matters and experience in the IPO process is an advantage
- Ability to manage a busy work load, fast paced environment and adhering to company deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills and strong business partner with the ability to build and maintain professional relationships
- The ability to proactively manage business within a timely fashion
- A strong work ethic and driven by results
- A positive can do attitude, self-motivated and enthusiastic approach
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.