Head of Finance - Music
Highly successful music business with a label, publishing, live music and artist management arm are looking for qualified ACA, ACCA, CIMA Head of Finance from a Music background to oversee the finance function both in the UK and US, managing and motivating a team and supply commercial guidance to senior management.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of budget, forecasting and planning and providing timely and meaningful management information
- Analysing artist contracts and preparing royalty statements
- Managing the general ledger & month end close, balance sheet reconciliations, royalty statement processing, AP processing, AR collection, payroll, financial statement review, cash flow forecasting, project budgeting & approval, managing insurance policies, and working with external auditors.
- Review current processes, and suggest and implement improvements to increase efficiency and enhance the controls environment.
- Responsible for updating and adding accounting policies for the business.
- Managing 5 direct reports and be responsible for their ongoing training and development.
- ACCA, ACA or CIMA qualified with a minimum 5 years post qualified experience
- Music industry experience is essential as the role will require analysing artist contracts and preparing royalty statements
- Experience with inter-company and foreign currency related transactions and dealing with external auditors and accountants
- Experience with Quickbooks accounting software would be an advantage
- Strong balance sheet reconciliation skills and experience in preparation of quarterly VAT returns
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills, including advanced MS Excel skills
- Experience in managing and developing a small team
- Excellent writing and communication skills
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.