Handle's client, a leading Record Label are looking to recruit a Head of Finance to oversee the rapidly growing Finance function. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the accounting department in the UK.
As well as the general Financial Control, the role will also be heavily involved with commercially focused business tasks, decision making and strategic input, working very closely with the senior figures and managers within the Label and Group.
Coming from a Music Label or Publishing background the successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the overall financial security and performance of the group
- Provide suitable forecasts to the board to give them visibility of financial opportunities
- Work with the Board to build value in the business
- Work with business units to improve financial performance
- Competitor analysis
- Develop financial models to facilitate understanding of projects
- Formulate and manage business plans for the business units and the group as a whole
- Monitor cash flow and solvency
- Report to the Board on any financial matters of which they should be made aware
- Monitor system performance to ensure that they are fit for the needs of the business
- Manage company policies regarding capital requirements, debt, taxation, equity and acquisitions and disposals, as appropriate
- Install and oversee the appropriate controls to ensure the stable and profitable
- management of the business
- Work with the auditors to ensure the delivery of appropriate, timely annual accounts
- Ensure compliance with all HMRC requirements around PAYE, VAT, Corporation Tax, etc. remaining informed of the relevant legislative framework for the operation of the business
This is a fantastic and value adding position working for a leading and cutting edge Record Label. The successful candidate must be a fully qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) and have a proven track record of adding commercial value, working within the Music Industry, either within a Record Label or Music Publishing company. Music industry experience is absolutely essential
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.